Christmas Afternoon Tea – Sunday 8th December 2013, 2pm – 5pm
After the roaring success of the 2012 afternoon tea for It’s Good 2 Give where over 44 Edinburgh Cake Ladies listened to a delightful choir in sumptuous surroundings and munched their way to happiness – we’re pleased to announce that this year’s event will take place on Sunday 8th December.
Yes, we know it’s only the beginning of the year but we have been given an allocation of tickets for the event to fill with Cake Ladies, but the rest of the spaces are already sold out.
Prices are remaining the same at £25pp as an ‘early bird’ offer.
There is a Facebook event page and our new general hashtag for anything that supports our chosen charity It’s Good 2 Give is #itsgood2eatcake
We also have a couple of more events up our sleeves to raise money that will positively welcome cake eaters as well as those that bake.
To take the admin away from Lynne, we’re happy to organise payment as we did before and do one transaction to the charity.
Requests for tickets will close at the end of March or until they sell out.
Thanks to everyone who followed last year’s instructions to the letter and made life very easy for us.
If you wish to come to the afternoon tea this year, please follow the instructions below. If you made a payment for tickets last year, it is the same bank account, so you wont have to wrestle with your card reader again.
If you wish to purchase a ticket (or tickets), please follow these instructions (sorry for the rules, but it will make our lives easier).
1. Email us on edinburghcakeladies (at) gmail.com with your request for a ticket. If you wish to buy more than one, you MUST declare it at this stage. You should write the names of the people that you wish to attend.
i.e Alison Cake & Victoria Smith (2) – £50 total.
By doing it this way, we will guarantee you sit with the people you buy tickets with. If you are just buying a ticket for yourself, you will be seated with other lovely Edinburgh Cake Ladies.
You may only bring one ‘non’ cake friend, i.e someone not already involved in the club. There are many other supporters of It’s Good 2 Give that would also like to go to this sought after event.
2. In return, you will be given the bank account details of where to send your payment to.
3. Make the payment to this bank account CLEARLY SPECIFYING YOUR NAME so it can be linked to your ticket(s). Failure to do this causes administration headaches trying to tie the payment to the person who applied. Your payment will be immediately returned if there is no name attached. Please taken into account maiden and married names that may not match in your email / bank.
4. If your payment is not received within 5 working days of applying, we will not continue with your ticket request.
5. Once your payment has been received, you will receive an email saying that you have been successful in transferring money. At this stage, your ticket(s) are guaranteed.
6. Tickets will be issued on a first come first served basis.
7. Sorry for all the rules, but understandably if 40 people apply for tickets and 20% of them make an error, that’s a lot of paperwork (emails etc) in chasing people up.
8. We are aware this event is still a long time away, but it has already sold out to the public and better to have the money in the charity’s bank account gaining interest etc.
9. If you subsequently can’t make it, then you can either nominate a friend to go in your place, or we will try to find someone via our social media channels.
If this is not possible, then the money will be classed as a ‘donation’ to the charity. Tickets are non-refundable.
10. The start time of the event is 2pm.