Team “Piece of Cake” – The Kiltwalk 2015

Something slightly different for us cake lovers, but it wouldn’t be an Edinburgh Bakers event without us managing to squeeze in some cake along the way.

We are taking part in The Kiltwalk 2015, being held in Edinburgh on Sunday 3rd May. Our nominated charity Itsgood2give are one of the main beneficiaries of the event making the day even more worthwhile.  An Edinburgh Bakers group of 20+ walkers will ensure Itsgood2give receive 75% of our sponsorship, along with an equal share of the remaining 25%.

Leaving from Murrayfield we will head out towards Cramond, Portobello, Holyrood Park and make use of the Sustrans pathway network.  There are 6,13 and 26 mile route options, so the day will suit all levels of age/fitness. Children are also welcome if accompanied by an adult.  The walk is not timed, and walkers are encouraged to stop and enjoy the event entertainment along the route.  There is no obligation to walk the full route as one team, should you wish to join us with a few friends you can set your own pace.

Each team member is asked to raise £200 in sponsorship, to help Edinburgh Bakers will be holding various charity cake events over the coming months to support our teams fundraising efforts.

There will be practice walks organised in the lead up to the day – strategic cake/cafe stops assured!

Should you be unable to take part but still wish to be involved we will also be recruiting volunteers to help the Itsgood2give team in The Kiltwalk village.  Duties will include meeting our team with cake as they cross the finish line!

Drop us an email edinburghbakers(at)gmail.com if you have any questions about joining the team.

To join Team “Piece of Cake” click the following link – KILTWALK 2015 REGISTRATION. Please ensure you select “Piece of Cake” (Itsgood2give) as your team choice.  Password is – cakelove

The Kiltwalk registration fee is £20 (+£1.50 admin fee) if you sign up before 31st Dec 2014.

 

 

 

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Team “Piece of Cake” – The Kiltwalk 2015

  1. Pingback: Team “Piece of Cake” – The Kiltwalk 2015 | Edinblogs

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s